Our client, an expanding SME in the engineering sector is looking to recruit their first experienced part-time manager for a newly created stand-alone role. Reporting directly into the Finance Director, this is a fantastic opportunity to set up the HR function and utilise your previous HR experience. The focus of this role will be to deliver people management strategies in support of the organisation’s strategic aims. The role will have both a strategic and an operational focus, providing expert advice and support on all HR matters. The part-time hours are 20 per week.
HR Manager Responsibilities:
- Work in close partnership with senior management to prepare and implement HR strategy
- Design and work across HR projects (updating job specs, training records, H&S)
- Support managers and team leaders on all recruiting matters, taking a lead hand in posting jobs on various job boards and platforms.
- Managing any HR team members
- Advise managers and provide guidance on HR policy and procedures
- Keep up to date with UK employment legislation
- Manage investigations and complex employee relations issues including redundancy and grievance
- Ensure employee relation cases are managed to meet best practice requirements
- Develop and maintain HR policies
- Monitor and develop performance appraisal systems
- Monitor all employee records to include maternity, paternity requests and absence and sickness and provide regular reports to the senior management team
- Coordinate work placement, intern and apprenticeship processes
- Manage HR personnel files to ensure they are kept up-to-date
- Develop starter and leaver procedures.
- Gather and evaluate market data to measure the organisation’s competitiveness for salary reviews, compensation, and benefits packages.
- Qualified CIPD member
- Proven HR generalist experience on both strategic and operational level
- Thorough, up-to-date knowledge of employment law
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience of recruitment and interviews at a senior level
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional planning and project management skills and experience
5In return you will receive a salary of £45,000-£55,000 FTE (depending on experience.