Our client, an SME is a conservation focused business in Totnes, Devon. They are looking to recruit an experienced HR Manager on a part-time basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation that is passionate about making a positive impact and whose core purpose is to support those who work to understand, protect and conserve the natural environment. They currently have 55 employees but are growing rapidly.
The client is flexible in hours of approx. 28-30 hours and this is a standalone role reporting to the General Manager. The focus of this role will be to deliver people management strategies in support of the organisation’s strategic aims. The role will have both a strategic and an operational focus, providing expert advice and support on all HR matters.
HR Manager Responsibilities:
- Work in close partnership with senior management to prepare and implement HR strategy
- Design and work across HR projects
- Support managers and team leaders on all recruiting matters
- Advise managers and provide guidance on HR policy and procedures
- Keep up to date with UK employment legislation
- Manage investigations and employee relations issues including redundancy and grievance
- Ensure employee relation cases are managed to meet best practice requirements
- Develop and maintain HR policies
- Monitor and develop performance appraisal systems
- Monitor all employee records to include maternity, paternity requests and absence and sickness and provide regular reports to the senior management team
- Manage HR personnel files to ensure they are kept up-to-date
- Manage starter and leaver procedures
- Manage market data to measure the organisation’s competitiveness for salary reviews, compensation and benefits packages
- Proven HR generalist experience on both strategic and operational level
- Thorough, up-to-date knowledge of employment law
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This role would suit an experienced HR Manager or an HR Advisor looking for their next step. The holidays are 25 plus bank holidays. In addition, you will receive an extra 3 days holiday for conservation work and generous pension.
In return you will receive a salary of between £50,000-£60,000 pro rata.(depending on experience). The successful candidate will be joining a diverse and friendly workforce. staff.