HR Recruit have another ER & Change Consultant job vacancy for a London based client handled by our South East team.
Our client in the financial services sector is looking to recruit an Employee Relations and Change Consultant for an initial 6 month assignment. Based in Central London, you will need to support with strategic, operational, contentious and non-contentious work. Ensuring that all employment-related risks are transparent, managed, controlled, reported and if necessary mitigated.
KEY FEATURES OF THE POSITION
- Act as a role model, demonstrating and engendering a strong sense of integrity and adherence to the firm’s policies, principles, procedures and values within the team, to build strong team spirit and support innovation and continuous improvement principles.
- Coaching and influencing the internal clients towards better practice and encouraging ongoing cultural and behavioural change, constructively calling out challenging or disruptive behaviours that pose a risk to the business
- Utilising knowledge of organisational culture, strategy and history to better inform decision making
- Delivering business and people change initiatives, such as SMCR - this will be a key focus in 2017; policy review and implementation; contract update and review; and other projects as required
- Support the Head of HR with drafting internal communications, fostering an appropriate and engaging employer voice
- Work with internal clients, internal specialists and external counsel as required to mediate, negotiate and settle cases ensuring that appropriate authorisation and buy-in are achieved in respect of case management strategies, demonstrating sound commercial and pragmatic decision making and influencing, ensuring that the appropriate senior managers are informed at every stage of the process
- Work towards continuous process improvement, making recommendations and taking actions (with approval) to eradicate issues, errors and risks.
- May be required to support risk and compliance, internal or external counsel in relation to employment strands within regulatory investigations and DSAR processes
SKILLS REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management
- Demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to make and deliver unpopular and /or difficult decisions, often in complex circumstances and involving multiple competing priorities, remaining steadfast under pressure in order to achieve the right result
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Independent thinking, whilst always having existing policy /procedure/regulation in mind
Professional and Technical
- Ideally University Educated, preference for a formal legal qualification.
- CIPD qualified, or equivalent and evidenced continuous professional development, keeping up to date with relevant legal and regulatory developments
- Deep knowledge and understanding of people and employment matters within financial markets and investment and a very hands-on approach, must be a do-er rather than an adviser or strategist
- May come from a legal, HR generalist or specialist HR background. However, must have a strong understanding of all HR functional areas but specifically employee relations, employment law, and change management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of UK/ROI regulations, and legal framework
- Good organisational and planning skills, including project leadership and management
Although the contract is initially for 6 months it is likely that the role will be extended. You must be available to start work from beginning of August. In return you will receive a salary of between £400-500 per day.
To see further information about our HR Recruitment Services please see our website.
Registered candidates will be considered for every vacancy matching their search criteria.