HR Recruit have another Part-Time HR Advisor job vacancy for a Poole based client handled by our South West team.
Our client in the education sector is looking to recruit an experienced Part-Time HR Advisor (2.5 – 3 days or 20-24 hours) for a newly created stand-alone role for their sites in Poole, Dorset. As an HR Advisor you will be responsible for the delivery of a full range of human resources services and will report directly into the Managing Director.
- Develop close working relationships with line managers in order to build their capability and create a culture of learning
- Support the staff by conducting a variety of interviews e.g. recruitment, maternity, return to work, exit interviews
- Identify potential learning gaps and prioritise learning solutions and interventions
- Support the delivery of the succession plans and talent management process
- Support the Leadership Team in the development of the People Plan
- Build the capability of line managers in performance management, supporting them to be able to have meaningful development conversations and be effective coaches.
- Proving advice and assistance on policies, procedure and legislation e.g. employment law, maternity and recruitment legislation.
- Maintain accurate administration, filing and printing routines
- Follow up queries, giving timely and accurate responses to the line.
- Ensure that HR systems are maintained accurately.
- Support the delivery of training to line managers on people policies and procedures e.g. Attendance Management, disciplinary
- Knowledge of relevant HR policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the best practice in recruitment and selection
- Verbal communication skills to be able to communicate (verbally and in writing) to a wide range of staff
- Ability to identify development needs
- Ability at providing advice and support to all levels of staff
- Ability to use a range of systems, including Microsoft Office
- Be able to translate data into reports, formats and summaries
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Skills and experience
- CIPD or at least working towards qualification
- Experience in working as part of a team, although this is currently a stand alone HR role
- At least 5 years previous experience in an HR role
You must be able to travel across the 3 sites in Poole. In addition you will receive a salary of up to 35K pro rata. The client is flexible about if the hours are worked over 2.5 days or spread across more days. You will also receive discounted childcare.