HR Recruit have another HR Manager Vacancy for a Birmingham based client which is being handled by our Midlands team
Our client, a large manufacturing organisation is looking to recruit an experienced HR Manager or HR Business Partner for their base in Birmingham. Managing a team of 2, this is a challenging role and will help support the organisations senior team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop employee relations on site and advice and support Line Managers in all Employee Relations case work
- Performance management: coaching managers on performance management issues and processes to create a strong performance culture
- To partner with the learning and development manager to drive the talent & training agenda for the site
- To develop, create and lead HR related internal training initiatives and programmes as and when required
- Taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns, ensuring the right people are in the right positions at the right time.
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law and that line managers are up to date with changes to any policies
- Dealing with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills
- To coordinate and support the business with any Industrial Tribunal claims that are received and to consult, where applicable, with the Company’s legal advisors in defending any such claims.
- To develop close working relationships with the management team and union representatives
- Responsible for managing the occupational health provision at the site.
- To promote and co-ordinate delivery of Employee Engagement initiatives alongside Line Managers
The candidate needs to:
- Be educated to degree level in Human Resource Management or Commercial discipline (Economics, Business Studies, etc)
- Have 10 years’ experience in HR, ideally manufacturing environment
- Experience of Union / works council negotiations and consultation
- Be tough minded and resilient
- Have experience of changing T&C in heavily unionised environment.
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be able to think and make decisions on their feet.
- Be highly effective, results oriented and strong execution.
- Working knowledge of employment law and best practice policies and procedures.
In return you will receive a salary of between 55-60K + benefits and excellent holidays.
To see further information about our HR Manager Recruitment services please visit the HR Recruit website
PREVIOUSLY VIEWED HR MANAGER JOBS
Registered candidates will be considered for every vacancy matching their search criteria.