HR Recruit have another HR Director Vacancy for a Cambridge based client which is being handled by our South East team
Our client, a rapidly growing technology company in Cambridge is looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Head of HR for a newly created role. A stand-alone role, you will report directly into the Managing Director. The role will require you to manage and deliver an effective, efficient and legally compliant recruitment and human resource service at the organisation and its associated companies. The ideal candidate will be commercially focused, hands-on and used to working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Update and review HR policies, procedures and guidelines and enforce organisation values.
- Devise a recruitment strategy and oversee its implementation; interview senior hires where necessary.
- Give counsel and oversee complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases and manage difficult cases with professionalism.
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and employee development making recommendations for improvements.
- Control the HR budget and report on current and future staffing costs and initiatives.
- Lead on special projects and communicate and direct on strategy and implementation.
- Ensure legal compliance in all HR activities.
- Challenge the Board where appropriate and suggest alternative paths.
- Continuously review the responsibilities of the HR department and make bold decisions when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree is minimum; Master’s degree in business administration, human resources management, industrial relations, or even a law degree is desirable.
- CIPD qualified with evidence of continuous professional development.
- Has held previous position of seniority, able to establish credibility and build department accountability.
- Is able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills.
- Is comfortable in developing team members and empowering staff.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen and basic knowledge of business finance.
- Has solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations.
- Has managed redundancy situations and is experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
- Thrives on constant change
- Is hand-on and has a can-do attitude
Although based in Cambridge you will have to travel to Fleet in Hampshire for 1 or 2 days a week. This role would suit an experienced HR Manager or HR Business Partner looking for their next move or current Head of HR looking for a new challenge. In return you will receive a salary of between 70-75K plus benefits.
To see further information about our HR Director Recruitment services please visit the HR Recruit website
PREVIOUSLY VIEWED HR DIRECTOR JOBS