The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the largest community of marketers in the world,
developing and representing professionals within the marketing industry. They were in urgent need of
an HR Advisor to provide maternity cover on a 12-month fixed term contract. The organisation’s
requirements were very specific.
Sarah Lee‑Boone, Director of People and Organisational Development said: “What we really needed was
someone who was going to come in with a good level of HR skills (because CIM is governance led) But
because we are a marketing organisation we are very innovative because we use a marketing model
even in HR.” It was about finding someone with a mindset that was not quite standard HR: We needed
someone who was strong on technology, good at thinking outside of the HR box, and someone who
could fit in well within our team as well as someone with an appetite to learn more about marketing.”
“The whole process was very straightforward. Our recruiter made sure we all knew what was required which led to a smooth recruitment exercise.”
- Working with HR Recruit, the Chartered Institute of Marketing found an experienced HR Advisor and HR Manager to provide maternity cover on 12-month fixed term contracts.
- The recruiter worked to find individuals who could think outside the HR box and embrace the marketing model adopted by CIM.
- The tight turnaround requirements were satisfied with the recruiter providing a high-quality shortlist within days of the initial approach.
- The recruiter worked openly and honestly with the client throughout the recruitment process and helped them to open their mind to different possibilities.
- CIM is extremely happy with the valuable contributions that both recruits are making to the business.