Head of HR, Harlow, Essex
posted: 3rd January 2024
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced HR professional for their Head of HR role. Reporting into the Senior Leadership team, you will manage a small team. The role is very hands-on so the ideal candidate will need to ‘roll their sleeves up’. The purpose of the role is to drive the people agenda and support the business change initiatives by working collaboratively across all business functions whilst meeting business needs.
- Overall control of the HR discipline within the organisation.
- Representing the HR discipline within the organisation with confidence and clarity. This includes addressing board members and employees.
- Using key data to inform a cohesive people strategy within the organisation and using this information to influence the senior team concerning the best course of action to take.
- Developing and overseeing remuneration and reward packages and processes.
- Ensuring internal departments are accountable in areas of the HR discipline including health and safety and diversity.
- Creating and implementing a fair and diverse recruitment strategy and taking overall responsibility for its implementation.
- Reporting on people data and analysing information about areas such as staff turnover and cost per hire.
- Interviewing candidates for senior roles where necessary.
- Advising the senior team on salaries taking data from external remuneration benchmarks.
- Overseeing complex employee relations situations and managing where necessary with complete professionalism.
- Promoting a performance culture within the organisation.
- Taking control of the HR budget and reporting on costs.
- Taking the lead for specific projects ensuring accurate and timely implementation and communication.
- Promoting change initiatives within the organisation and securing board-level buy-in.
- Ensuring all HR activities are fully compliant with employment law.
- Reviewing the responsibilities of the HR department on an ongoing basis and making informed and confident decisions when necessary.
- Ensuring HR policies, procedures, and guidelines are up to date.
- Developing and overseeing training and development strategies and programmes.
- Overseeing the implementation of an HMRS and relevant internal digital systems.
- Implementing and managing internal employee related communications and staff surveys.
- Extensive experience +10 years in a senior HR role, ideally in a regulated and multi-location organisation
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Hands-on with a can-do attitude
- Strong track-record in HR generalist and change management roles
- Commercial acumen and credibility
- Extensive experience of managing a team and supporting peers deliver their aims
- A strong interest in culture and values
- Able to work flexibly across multi-locations,
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of implementing structure
In return you will receive a salary of between £90,000-£110,000.