Head of HR, Swindon
posted: 30th October 2023
HR Recruit is currently recruiting for an experienced HR professional to join an organisation in the educational sector for an interim 3 months. Reporting directly into the Leadership Team, you will design, shape and deliver the HR strategy and build strong relationships with Managers and employees, promoting a positive workplace culture and employee engagement.
- To design, shape and deliver the overall People strategy in line with the strategic plan.
- To provide legislative guidance to senior leadership and trustees as required.
- To work closely with the Heads of People to ensure all People policies are fit for purpose and compliant.
- To develop and maintain a constructive, professional relationship with all recognised Trade Unions and Professional Associations
- To lead on senior-level employee relations casework where required, and support on behalf of the leadership team.
- To ensure the People budget, deliverables and outcomes of initiatives and programmes are delivered on time and within defined costings.
- To provide a proactive approach to encouragement and support of the People team.
- To support change management and organisational development.
- To oversee and have responsibility for People team members as a whole across the organisation.
- To ensure the timely delivery of processes including the pay review process and the appraisal process.
- To establish a strong, supportive culture, ensuring that staff wellbeing remains a high priority.
- Analytical thinking together with the ability to understand business needs, identify blockers and implement solutions
- Commercially aware
- Customer focused and able to manage conflicting priorities, meeting the needs of different stakeholder groups
- Relationship building and collaborative team working with peers and direct reports
- Results/delivery focused
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to see another’s point of view and facilitate win-win solutions
- Well-developed people management skills, able to lead, direct and motivate teams
- Proven HR generalist experience at both strategic and operational levelIn return you will receive a salary of between £65,000-£70,000 c. (depending on experience).